HOUSE CONCERT (hows KAWN sert) n. (from T.R.Ritchie's guide)
- A live performance before an assemblage of music enthusiasts by a musical artist or artists in a private residence or equivalent setting, sometimes held in conjunction with other festivities, i.e. potluck supper, song circle or workshop/jam session.
- A unique opportunity to experience a favorite performer, up close and personal, without (excessive) musical amplification or other artificial barriers between the performer and listener.
- A superior alternative to those noisome, crowded, hard-to-get-to venues downtown.
- In rural and/or suburban communities, sometimes the only option for hearing live music locally at all.
- A lively, economical antidote for NEHAH (Nothing Ever Happens Around Here) Syndrome.
I have posted a collection of guides to hosting House Concerts. There's a wealth of information in these guides. If it's not enough, Contact Us and we would be happy to help you put your House Concert together.
We can supply PA system(s) (up to 500 seats) and some stage lighting if desired to make your special night even more memorable.
House Concerts - from www.TRRitchie.com (8 pages)
One of the first folks to write a guide specifically for first-time house concert hosts.
Yes, you CAN put on a house concert! (22 pages)
Exhaustive treatise on just about every aspect of creating and maintaining a house concert series.
Bob Bossin's How to Put on the Perfect House Concert (5 pages)
Adds some additional information in a friendly, breezy manner.
Concerts In Your Home dot com - House Concerts Guide (22 pages)
Another exhaustive booklet on the subject.